CONGRATS TO ALL OF TODAY"S END OF THE WORLD RUNNERS!!!
The world may not have ended and we experienced not asteroid showers nor 999 degree temperatures, but we did have wind, sleet, snow, rain - mud, ice, no tears. Well done steadfast runners! You truly ran out the end of the world!
It's rainy & mucky up there at Westwood but I'll be there tomorrow with vegan chili & cocoa & pancakes - so come on up! Please let me know if you know you aren't coming. And although I have no right - if you wanted to pay anyway - you surely can - email for my snail mail
So today's times are loosey goosey & as follows!
FULL MARATHON (There's only 5 so you can figure the order out - I listed them by bib number)
3.Quentin Proud - DNF or 2:07 for 22km - went back to help his partner - squee!
4. George Clark - 3:36 - smoking under crappy conditions & recovering from food poisoning! And coming back for more tomorrow!
5. Stacy Wallington - 4:27 - working through some cramps & shining through! Back tomorrow for more!
6. Sheila Dawe - 6:00 - hot off Birch Bay & a maniac for tomorrow too!!
7. Mylilsa Edison - 5:22 - a marathon a month this lady has been running! And another tomorrow!!
8. Bob Wall - 4:01 - whose finishing words were "That was fun!" And gracious Bob shared much insight on the trails today - an ultra guy! And promised to send pictures as I took NONE - (fail!)
1/2 MARATHON (listed by time)
2:16 - Susan Miller
2:20 - Scott Speakman (coming back for roound 2, but amping it to a full!)
2:22 - Breanna Curnow
2:30 - Tracy McKeown
2:30 - Jessica Krippendorf Kirby
2:49 - Wendy Williams
2:49 - Colleen van der Heide (19k)
3:07 - Sandra Clark
3:07 - Sandra Clark
3:09 - Susan Marshall
3:09 - Wendy Marshall
Thank you to all the great runners who make this worth while! Thanks to our small but dedicated team of volunteers & donors -
The Running Room
A Wee Cupcakery
And thanks to those who stopped by, did not run, but paid anyway - it all goes to a good cause - even better when I don't have to go out of pocket!
See you all tomorrow!! Come rain or come meteor!